- This event has passed.
Paint Your Heart Out Workshop – “One Small Painting A Day/Abstract Flowers”
May 10, 2018 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$75 – $90
Thursday, May 10th, 2018
One Small Painting A Day/Abstract flowers
This class is designed to inspire you to start the process of painting one painting daily using Ingrid’s expertise in Abstract Flowers. This can be from any small still life setup. I paint a daily floral from fresh flowers every day. The benefits are the daily habit, working from life, developing free and easy brush strokes, and of course, refining the ability to see and mix color, shape, and value.
Student Levels for This Workshop: All Levels
PAINT Acrylic, heavy body paints, such as Liquitex or Golden brand
- Alizarin Crimson Hue Permanent
- Cadmium Red Medium or Napthol Red
- Cadmium Yellow Light
- Cadmium Yellow Medium
- Phthalo Blue (green shade)
- Ultramarine Blue (green shade)
- Titanium White
- Quinacridone Magenta PAINTING SURFACE
- Masonite/Hardboard panels. 6”x6”, quantity 5.
- Available at http://www.dickblick.com/items/14945-1066/
- Approximately .75 cents each BRUSHES
- Windsor and Newton University Bright #8 and #12
- Paper towels
- Spray bottle for water with fine mister
- View Catcher
- Utility spotlight from hardware store, such as Lowe’s. Approximately $12.00. A valuable tool in the studio for use with still lifes. A great purchase!
- 50-watt spot Halogen light bulb, Sylvania. A strong, bright, clean light is essential.
- Empty container for washing brushes
- Disposable paper palette, white
- Easel, tabletop or freestanding I will provide vases, flowers and colored tissue for background color.