- This event has passed.
Paint Your Heart Out Workshop – “Luminous Skys”
May 9 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$75 – $90
Wednesday, May 9, 2018
Jo Ridge Kelley
Plein air workshop focusing on capturing luminosity in your skies. Mixing luscious grays, creating great cloud formation, design, and atmosphere, including tips for capturing vibrant light, will be demonstrated. Use of palette knife and large brushes and even your fingers to express yourself will be the highlight of this exciting workshop on skies. The palette knife and brushes will be demonstrated for a loose, more expressive capture as well as a more traditional approach to painting clouds.
Student Levels for this workshop: All Levels Welcome
- Oil colors- 2 each of primaries – warm and cool plus white
- On my palette: ( mostly Gamblin brand)
- Ultramarine Blue
- Phthalo Blue Or Windsor Blue-green shade
- Cad red medium
- Quinacridone red
- Cad lemon
- Cad yellow medium
- Titanium white
- Cobalt Blue light (Rembrandt)
- Burnt sienna
- Cad orange
- Perm Alizarin Crimson
- Transparent Oxide Red (Rembrandt)
- Transparent Orange
- Odorless mineral spirits/brush washer
- Viva paper towels
- Small trowel type palette knife
- Flat hog bristle brushes #4 #8 #12 (Utrecht brand series 209 is good affordable brush)
- Small round sable type brush
- Rigger or script brush
- Pencil or old ballpoint pen
- Canvas or canvas panels – 2, approx. 12×16 – 20×20 or 12×24 (I use Raymar linen panels for travel and gallery wrap canvas for local outdoor work) Your choice!
- Wet panel carrier (or a way to transport wet canvas)
- Plein air type easel- I use Open box M for small panels and my French easel for larger canvas- even up to very wide, elongated Canvases.
- Palette (if applicable)
- Tote or backpack
- Sketchbook, graphite or charcoal
- Water bottle
- Insect repellent
- Portable Stool/chair
- Hand wipes
- Lunch and snacks!