- This event has passed.
PYHO Workshop – The Light Effect with Dawn Whitelaw
September 4 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$225.00
THE LIGHT EFFECT
For plein air painters
ON TRACK STUDIOS-FRANKLIN TN. 1978 WILSON PIKE
SEPTEMBER 22, 2023 9-4
CLASS DESCRIPTION: You will be learning about the light conditions you may encounter in the “wild.” However, you will be indoors for this workshop.To get the most out of this class, you will want to replicate your plein air set up here in the studio as much possible.
FROM DAWN: “This is a studio class focused on the light effects in plein air. One major challenge of plein air is the moving/changing light. You will learn about some techniques for identifying and executing different light effects. There will be special emphasis on painting the light and shadow effect.”
- PLEIN AIR SET UP AND GEAR – Bring your easel, pack and anything you typically use to set up for plein air outside. (If you normally sit, bring your stool) . In other words , bring all the stuff.
- PAINT AND BRUSHES – Bring the selection of colors and tools that you normally like to use when you are plein air painting.
- PAINTING MEDIUM – Bring the medium of your choice, if you use one.
- ODORLESS SOLVENT IN AN UNBREAKABLE CONTAINER – Gamsol is preferred.
- PAPER TOWELS AND TRASH BAGS
- SKETCHBOOK PENCIL AND ERASER – In addition to a sketchpad, pencil and eraser, bring any materials you use for preliminary sketches when plein air painting. .
- PANELS – Bring at least two the panels that you would use for Plein air painting You can stain the canvas, if you wish, or work on white.
- PHOTO REFERENCE – Bring a lot of plein air photo reference.Try to bring reference with different light effects. Be sure you include a couple of light and shadow reference. You can work from digital image or printed image., your choice.
- LUNCH – Bring a sack lunch There is a refrigerator and a microwave here for your use.
If you have questions about this class or the supply list, email Andrea at Studio@dawnwhitelaw.com. She works Tuesday and Thursday.
Any additional questions, please contact Karen Philpott at 615-415-4878 or firstname.lastname@example.org.